Wednesday 29 August 2012

Knockaert's English Dream Comes True


Summer signing Anthony Knockaert has spoken of his joy at being finally involved in football outside of France, praising the English game's pace. Having trialled for Leeds United as a youth player, Knockaert cut his cloth as a professional at En Avant de Guingamp and was subject to offers by Newcastle United and French Ligue 1 side Montpellier before signing with Leicester City.

"During pre-season against Sunderland, it was wonderful. I have never played a match with so much speed in my life. It was amazing," he said in an interview with French sports newspaper L'Equipe, "Around me there were a lot of people that told me it was a bad decision to sign at Leicester. But I know I couldn't leave the chance.

"Since I was a teenager I have always dreamt about England. My objective is to make a name for myself in the Premier League one day, because it is the only league in the world where I want to play in once in my life. What I love in England is the passion around Football."

No comments: