Friday 14 December 2012

Foxes hope to Bag Wood

Leicester City have positioned themselves for a swoop for a new striker in the January transfer window, with manager Nigel Pearson distancing himself from rumours surrounding interest from the Foxes in West Bromwich Albion forward Chris Wood.

The striker is doing well on loan at Millwall - to whom City pay a visit tomorrow afternoon -
and whilst Pearson insisted he was unaware of a bid for the 21-year-old he did not deny his interest.

"Not to my knowledge, no," he told the BBC, "Speculation is not something I court. It is unsettling and disrespectful."

New Zealander Wood has been capped 29 times for the Kiwis and has been on loan at Barnsley, Brighton, Birmingham and Bristol City during his English career. He has so far scored eight goals in 16 games for the Lions this season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really attention-grabbing, You are an excessively professional blogger.
I have joined your feed and look forward to in the hunt for more of your magnificent
post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks
Feel free to visit my web page bacalao